Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Blogging Update and Why Two Cats are Better than One

    Okay, I've kinda neglected this poor blog the last two weeks.
    In my defense, I've been moving, getting ready for graduate school, seeing my family, and adopting a second cat.
    What?
    Well, yes, thanks for asking. Given my soon to be busy nature, I have adopted a playmate for Sushi. His name is Myshkin, after Prince Myshkin in Dostoevsky's The Idiot (which, if you haven't read, I highly recommend it).
"Wait, am I on the Internets?"
    He's now Sushi's best friend, providing ample support in their never-ending quest for food and mischief.
"I love you, Sushi friend."
    Seriously. Every night they race around, pounce on each other, and wreak havoc. I just moved into this apartment, but they seem determined to redo my decor (in their defense, I'm not much of a decorator).
"We are the Face of Mischief."
    For instance, I have no idea how this toy ended up on my pillow in the morning:

    I have also awoken to find my glasses on the floor and pawns from my chess set scattered under the bed.
    That being said, this is not primarily a cat blog (yet). However, I do have half a dozen half-finished posts, more ideas, and that review of God and the Gay Christian to write.
    I shall be blogging regularly again soon, my friends. Although perhaps not as often once graduate school starts. Well, we'll see. I'll let you know.
    Much love to all of you.

Kelley





No comments:

Post a Comment